I didn’t really mean to take the last 4 months off. Funny how a week turned into two. And then a month went by. And then another. The next thing I knew the summer was almost over and I hadn’t done a darn thing on Mountain Mama Cooks. And you know what? It was awesome. I had an amazing summer with my kids. We camped, we went to Mexico, we had our fair share of lazy days, and we spent some much needed quality time where school and work didn’t interfere. I read 10 books, played SO much tennis, cooked up a storm without the pressure of photographing it or sharing it on the blog. My husband and snuck away to New York for a long weekend, we spent days on the water- surfing behind our boat and having picnics in the sun.
Now that the kids are settled back in school and I’m finding my routine in the kitchen again, I think we should just pick up where we left off in the spring. I have lots of new recipes to share and I wasn’t kidding when I said I read like 10 books this summer. I’ll put together a post on some of my favorites. A huge thanks to all those that sent emails and social media messages checking in. I’m Happy to be back blogging and to start connecting with all of you again!
Ok, the recipe!!
These pancakes are fluffy, buttery, perfection. They work beautifully at high altitude (read: they aren’t flat!) and the Banana Butter is so simple yet so delicious you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before now. I made this pancakes in partnership with EATS- Eat Awesome Things at School– a Park City local nonprofit dedicated to ensuring every student has opportunities to develop lifelong healthy habits and access to fresh, nutritious appealing food. I’ve volunteered the last two years where I’ve taught cooking classes and helped with taste tests in the school. It’s an amazing organization and one that I love being a part of.
Enjoy the pancakes and thanks for being here! Have a great day! xoxo, Kelley
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1 Stick Butter, Room Temperature
- 1/2 to 1 Very Ripe Bananas
- Pinch of Salt
- Make Deer Valley Banana Butter by placing banana and butter in a food processor. Blend until emulsified. Add a pinch of salt. (You could also blend butter and banana in a medium bowl with a fork or hand mixer.)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and top with Banana Butter.