Because sometimes only chocolate will do. And sometimes (always?) only a homemade cookie will do. So why not combine the two and cure all the cravings! Double Chocolate M&M Cookies for the win.
Happy Monday! Did you all have a nice weekend? While Saturday was dedicated to little league football and prepping for a small catering job I did Saturday night, Sunday was the exact opposite. With the exception of running out to the grocery store and getting my littlest a haircut the rest of the day was mostly spent lounging about. I caught up on the magazines that have been collecting dust on my night stand and I watched a few episodes of Drop Dead Diva, an old tv show that I’ve been binge watching on Netflix since I got sick a few weeks ago. I took the longest, most leisurely bath and when I did actually get dressed, I simply changed from my dirty lounge clothes to clean ones. It was exactly the kind of weekend we all needed and I woke up ready to tackle Monday.
I’d say life has been hectic around here lately but 1) I always say that and 2) I’ve decided to stop saying life is hectic like it’s a bad thing. Because the reality is, our life is going to be busier than usual the next few months and there isn’t a darn thing I can do about it. So I’ve decided to accept that for the next little bit life will be busy and I’m going to make the best of it. My plate is full, you guys. Like really full. So in order to keep my shiz together, I’m no longer committing to things I don’t have the time for (or don’t want to do) so when I do say yes it’s going to be an emphatic yes.
To all the folks in my life that I’ve flaked on the past few months, please accept my apology. If I say no to your repeated requests to play tennis, have coffee or host your dinner party and/or brunch, please know it’s that I’d love nothing more. It’s not personal I just don’t have it in me right now. I simply don’t have the time. I will, however, bake you cookies. Because I always have time to bake cookies. Just saying. And who doesn’t love a cookie? Gifting food is my way of saying thank you, I’m sorry and I appreciate our friendship.
Cookies are the best that way.
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, these Double Chocolate M&M cookies will cure any afternoon slump, satisfy the ultimate sweet tooth and most importantly cheer anyone up that needs a little extra love. Trust me, I know first hand 🙂
Thanks for reading and have a great week! xo, Kelley
A chocolate cookie loaded with chocolate chips and M&M candies.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup mini M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually add flour/cocoa mixture to the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup of the M&M candies.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared (either greased or parchment lined) cookie sheet. Use the remaining 1/4 cup of M&M's to press into the top of the cookies.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until cookies are fluffy but still soft. Remove cookies from tray and place on cooling rack to cool completely.