I’m sharing a list of my favorite Costco products today. Because Costco items can change frequently, think of this as a Costco list “best of” for 2015!
I have a love/hate with Costco. I love it because I always find something(s) new and I hate it because I always find something new…..it’s like the Bermuda Triangle I swear. I go in, get lost and remerge hours later with an overflowing shopping cart and major dent in my bank account. I love being able to buy the things we love in bulk at a fraction of the cost and I especially love that Costco is carrying so many organic products these days. I also never leave Costco without a new book or magazine. BUT?! It’s always so darn crowded. No matter what time or Coscto I visit, there is a trillion people. And don’t get me started about the free samples and Saturday crowd. Like I said, it’s a love/hate. But there’s enough love that I keep going back. I had a ton of feedback from my Trader Joes Best of List so thought I’d share a Costco one too. Here’s my (rather lengthy) list of Costco Favorites 2015!
1. Earthbound Farm Organic Spinach: I don’t buy a ton of produce at Costco as I like to stick to local when I can especially during the summer months. With that being said, we go through a ton of spinach (smoothies and salads for the win!) and you can’t beat the price at Costco! Bonus that it’s organic!!
2. Berries: Bring me all the berries! Again, I go local in the summer months but for the rest of the year, Costco is my go to on berries. They’re almost always good and available year round.
3. Coleman Organic Chicken: We eat a lot of chicken in our house or as my husband likes to call it, the dirty bird. While I occasionally buy chicken breasts or thighs, buying a whole chicken is my fave. I roast the bird once for dinner, use the leftovers for salads, sandwiches or tacos and then use the carcass to make slow cooker stock afterwards.
5. Organic Eggs: We eat a TON of eggs. My little one would eat scrambled eggs everyday if he had his way. When I’m not lucky enough to get fresh eggs from my neighbor, Costco has the best price on organic eggs. Hardboiled, quiche…we love our eggs!
6. CHEESE!!!: I’m in love with the cheese department at Costco. For reals. I switch up the cheese I buy depending on my mood and what I’m digging at the time. Fresh mozzarella gets bought a lot in the summer for my fave, caprese quesadillas, and I almost always buy either string cheese or the baby bels for lunch boxes. The Jarlsberg and Beechers Flagship are always favorites too.
7. Potstickers: I eat more of these than anyone else in the house. These are one of my go to’s when I’m short on time or provisions and need a dinner stat. I sauté whatever veggies I have on hand and thrown them together with some half dozen potstickers and call it good.
8. Frozen Berries: This is my favorite smoothie mix. We like are smoothies COLD so I always use frozen fruit and leave the fresh berries for snacking. This mix also makes an easy and delicious filling for a crisp or crumble.
9. Chicken Stock: I can never have enough chicken stock in the house. I use it to braise veggies, make soups and stews and I usually cook my rice or quinoa in stock too. When I run out of homemade, I always have this for back up.
10. Avocado Oil: I big red puffy heart this oil. I use it for just about everything. Sautéing, in baking, for vinaigrettes…..everything. I can’t say enough good things about it! We’ve been buying for just over a year and it’s quickly become my go to in the kitchen.
11. Almond Flour: I don’t think I’ve realized almond flour’s full potential. Right now I use if for baking- substituting some all purpose for this- and as a breading for chicken or fish. My guess is it would be good in smoothies or added to homemade granola. I’m still playing around with it and hope to come up with more ways to use it!
12. Organic Sugar: As much as I try to use maple syrup and honey as my main sweeteners, I still love sugar for baking. This is a great price, a great product and lasts me forever!
13. Medjool Dates: I find myself using dates more and more. They’re awesome in smoothies, the key ingredient to these muffins and stuffing them with feta cheese and wrapped in prosciutto? Out of this world.
14. Maple Syrup: Either this or local honey sweeten my morning coffee, it’s the obvious for pancakes and waffles, how we sweeten our oatmeal, great for vinaigrettes and the list goes on. I almost always buy two bottles at a time. My favorite sweetener, hands down.
15. Quinoa: I LOVE this. It’s trendy. It’s the best price in town. It’s organic! I’ve been making a big batch of quinoa on the weekends and then adding it to salads throughout the week or eating as my post workout snack with some roasted sweet potatoes. And have you tried this casserole? Do it.
16. Spaghetti: My husband has a weird obsession with this pasta. He swears it’s the best. I don’t eat a ton of pasta so don’t really have an allegiance to one brand or another but this is his favorite so I try to always have it around. Spaghetti is his go to when it’s his turn to be in charge of dinner. With my infamous “special sauce” of course.
17. Dave’s Killer Bread: Have you tried this? It’s packed with healthy omegas, fiber and protein and darn it, I’m the only one who really eats in my house. The kids and husband find it a little to seedy for their taste. I don’t get it…it makes killer avocado toast and a mean PBJ. I dig how thin it is too! Their loss I guess.
18. Orange Mango Juice: My kids love this. It makes great popsicles. What else can I say…it’s juice!
19. Mary’s Crackers: I used to buy these at Whole Foods for $5 a box but now that I can get almost double that from Costco, I buy them here. I know it might sound weird but I love to slather these with butter and top them with sliced radishes. Seriously, try it.
20. Pirate’s Booty: For the love of love, I can’t keep enough of this in the house. My kids have loved Pirate Booty since they first started eating solids. Still their snack of choice at almost 9 and 6, we go through oodles of this. It’s almost scary.
21. Bison & Beef Dog Jerky: Grain free jerky treats for the four legged kiddos. I love that it’s soft so I can break it up for training treats for Nacho as well as give her a big strip in her crate when we’re leaving the house. Pretty clean ingredients and the dogs dig it big time!
22. Kirkland Signature Dish Soap: I love this dish soap. I’ve been buying it for years. It smells good, has a nice lather and you don’t have to use a ton at each washing.
23. Ecos Laundry Soap: This stuff is the BOMB! I used to buy it at Whole Foods (for double the price) and since Costco starting selling it a few years ago, it’s my go to. It smells wonderful, gets clothes super clean and bonus for it being eco friendly!
24. Honest Sun Screen: This is new this year but I had to include it. We’re on our second pack (we use a lot of sunscreen) and this stuff rocks. My littlest has super sensitive skin and he’s had zero reactions to this. It’s a clean sunscreen and goes on clear instead of pasty. It’s a must try if you like natural sunscreens!
What are your favorite things to buy? Did I miss something that I must try next time? Let me know!! Thanks for reading and have a great (and safe) holiday weekend! xo, Kelley