These are total cookie perfection. A chocolate lovers dream and a high altitude bakers best friend, this is a fool proof, tried-and-true recipe for the ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. Every time I make them, I eat way too many and the lucky few that get to try them as well bow to my feet.
These are the the ultimate chocolate cookie. Crunchy exterior, chewy inside and studded with white, milk and dark chocolate chips. This is an old recipe that I tweaked just a bit. I rephotographed them (because the old photos make me cringe) and I couldn’t not share this recipe with you guys. If you like chocolate then listen up- you must make these. I’ve made them twice in the last few weeks to rave reviews both times. I had to give most of them away because I couldn’t stop eating them myself. As much as I tried to convince myself that cookies are indeed a breakfast food and it’s totally ok to eat 3 before my morning workout, my increasingly tight yoga pants told me otherwise.
A homemade cookie is hard to beat which is why I almost always have some sort of homemade cookies on hand. And most often they live in a ziplock on the inside door of my freezer. Every few weeks I whip up a batch of whatever cookies I’m craving, eat way too many warm from the oven and then freeze the rest to pull out when I need a sweet fix. Which depending on my stress level could mean one cookie every few days or 3 cookies before my 8:30 am workout class and another 3 cookies after. Oh how I wish I was kidding.
These cookies have graced my cooling rack twice last month- once to photograph for the blog and the other with the intention of giving them away. Some to the kind man who helped me design my kitchen (who also happens to have a wicked sweet tooth) and to the folks that take our sweet Nacho once or twice a week for doggy daycare. Both went above and beyond this past month to help me out and the best way I know how to say thank you to someone is to cook for them. When I don’t know you that well, homemade cookies are my go to. Because these cookies were so damn ridiculously good, I had to give both recipients heaping plates of cookies. I realized I have zero self control when these chocolate bad boys are sitting on my counter. Or hiding in my freezer for that matter.
So as much as I’d like to lobby that cookies make great pre workout food, I’m going to stick to giving them out as thank you’s instead. My acid reflux likes it better that way.
- 2 cups cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Gradually add in the flour/cocoa mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared (either greased or parchment lined) cookie sheet. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt if desired. Bake for 10 minutes until cookies are fluffy but still soft. Remove cookies from tray and place on cooling rack to cool completely.