My last post for 2013. What a year it’s been. Mountain Mama Cooks has grown exponentially in the last 12 months and largely in part because of each of you. It’s been a wild and deliciously fun ride and I’m blessed to have this platform to share my recipes and world with you. Thank you for visiting often, leaving comments and cooking my food. I’ve said it a million times before and I’ll say it again, I’m truly humbled that any of you read or keep coming back- thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
So white hot chocolate…. love it or hate it? I wasn’t 100% sure I could get behind it at first. Not because it isn’t decadent, creamy and every bit as comforting as a regular mug of hot chocolate but it is just different enough to throw me off my game. I went for it anyway and I’m pretty sure this could be my new winter drink. Top with with a shot (or two) of vodka and HELLO. Game on. You have to be careful though because this is like a liquid dessert and one that will sneak up and get you good and drunk if you’re not careful. Consider yourself warned.
And if you’re not a drinker, just leave the hard stuff out. My kids loved it just the same. My dog did too. You can see my little one in the background of the above photo and he’s spoon-feeding our lab marshmallows- she’s a lucky girl.
Happy New Year everyone. Have fun, be safe and we’ll see you back here next week for your regular scheduled programming.
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 oz good white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- the tiniest pinch of salt
- 3 oz whipped cream or vanilla flavored vodka (optional)
- whipped cream and/or marshmallows for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and white chocolate and bring to a barely simmer over low heat until chocolate is melted and milk is steaming.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and salt.
- Divide hot chocolate between two mugs. Add vodka if desired (just do it). And garnish with fresh whipped cream and/or marshmallows.