zucchini-sandwich-cookie-recipe-mountain-mama-cooks

Why is there never enough time in a day? There is never not a load of laundry to be done. And if by chance I do have all the laundry clean and put away (which never happens), there is a sink full of dishes. Or a dirty bathroom. Or the sheets need to be changed. Or my windows need to be cleaned. Or the garden needs to be watered and weeded. Or someone spilled apple juice on the floor………..

I make lists, I get up a little earlier, I try to prioritize my time so I can get everything done. But I just can’t seem to get ahead.

So you know what?

I’m giving up.

zucchini-bread-cookies-cream-cheese-filling-mountain-mama-cooks

Seriously. Who cares if my kids wear dirty socks? Is the world going to end if my windows haven’t been clear in ages? We’ll get to the dishes when we can. Because for all the chores that get ignored, I’m running a business. I’m mountain biking with my husband. I’m watching my kids run through the sprinklers. I’m making cookies. And isn’t that what it’s all about? Creating memories and nurturing relationships? I’m seriously exhausted trying to “do it all” so I’m giving myself a break. I’m done with the guilt and I’m done making myself crazy trying to accomplish something that quite frankly can’t be done.

high-altitude-zucchini-sandwich-cookie-recipe-mountainmamacooks

In honor of me having dirty dishes and a laundry room full of cookies, let’s eat! What better way to celebrate than some homemade cookies? It always comes back to the cookies.

This is the perfect way to use summer’s finest and most abundant vegetable, zucchini. These thin cakey cookies taste like zucchini bread and sandwich some seriously delicious lemon scented cream cheese frosting.

One bite of these and I think you’ll agree that at least I’m doing something right!

33 Responses to Zucchini Sandwich Cookies

1. I am with you on this sister. I always feel like I am living on borrowed time. Fantastic cookies!! Can’t wait to make them for the boys 😀 xoxo

2. Heather says:

i’m definitely suffering from “do it all” syndrome these days too. i give myself so much to get done and then it all goes down the drain when there’s a chance to snuggle my sweet baby – and i wouldn’t trade that for the world!

3. Marian (Sweetopia) says:

Kelley, you are so right! The list will never end so we might as well enjoy the little things! These cookies look amazing! You’re making me want to eat them… Now!!!

4. Asiya says:

You are right…it feels impossible to do it all…sometimes we just need to accept the messy house 🙂

Cookies look great! Will have to definitely give them a try when my zucchini is ready to pick!

5. momgateway says:

genius way of using zucchini—MUST TRY!

6. Kalyn says:

You’re on to something here. And no matter how hard you work, you never get everything done that you’d like to.

Kelley you have me laughing! I so feel your pain! But you go girl. Bike with your husband and watch those beautiful boys run throught the sprinkler. That’s what life is all about.
    My kids don’t remember the clean bathroom or clean sheets, but they rememeber when we played on the slip and slide or built sandcastles on the beach. They remember making homemade popsicles and hiking our favorite trails. Now that they’re older they reminisce about all the fun times we’ve had as a family. Not one mention of clean laundry or a vacuumed floor. 🙂
    Love, love, love these cookies. You’ve done it again Kelley! On my list for next week.
    Hugs!

8. These are gorgeous! What a great way to get vegi’s in my kiddos….sneaky!

9. Heidi @foodiecrush says:

Youve hit the nail on the head, and exactly the reason I’ve made changes in my life, not only with cleaning and keeping up bulldog he reality that “things” dont matter nearly as much as the people in my life do. I’ll bring the lemonade, you bring the cookies and salsa. XO

10. Um, do you have any leftovers of these? Want! You’re so right about appreciate the important moments and putting the mundane to the side whenever possible. Seriously…if I had a dollar for every load of laundry I’ve done… Somedays I need to learn to just ignore it.

I agree, there is never enough time in the day. My lists keep getting longer and I am not crossing anything off. Sigh. I ALWAYS make time for cookies though! Love these!

12. I am all over these! They look amazing…

13. i am totally making these! YUM!

Amen, amen, amen!! My mom said that she used to clean the sliding glass door every day when we were growing up. I’m lucky if I get to it once a week! I think you really do have to learn to give up on some things sometimes – living is more important anyway! And I LOVE these cookies – I need some zucchini!

15. carrian says:

I’ll come clean your house anytime. I love it. Truly. 😉

16. These look like the perfect treat to use up that summer squash. It was so nice meeting you at Evo. I’ll be keeping up with you and your blog!

17. Alessandra says:

Great cookies, they sound and look delicious. I agree with enjoying life and taking care of the laundry tomorrow, when ever tomorrow is. I was also just wondering if you squeeze the excess water from the zucchini before mixing them into the batter or does it not matter for this recipe?

18. JulieD says:

These look amazing, Kelley!

And I gave up on being ahead a long time ago. Would you believe that I finally got caught up on laundry recently? We had a huge back log because our washer broke, when our new one came I spent all weekend doing laundry. The irony is that I couldn’t fit all of the clean laundry into the closets and dressers. And umm, it’s been a few weeks and I’m behind again. I won’t ever get ahead again, I just know it and I’m fine with it too. xoxo

19. Aggie says:

Amen sister! I feel it…boy do I feel it. I love your words though…it’s all about the memories (balanced out with the sanity)… 🙂

These cookies are killing me. They look perfect!

20. maribelle says:

I need events to get me to function. I make lists of what I want to do before the event. As the event draws closer, I make reality adjustments. Then at the eleventh hour I love the feeling of choosing what is actually possible and accepting the rest. Life is beautiful then.

Question: Are the Zucchini Sandwich Cookies freezable? Thanks.

The cookies would be great frozen. I wouldn’t frost them before freezing them. Defrost the cookies when you want to eat them and then frost them just before!

• Felicia says:

I had extra zucchini and wanted to use it before it went bad so I made these, will freeze them, and will frost them another day. Glad you mentioned they freeze well! It’s tempting to just eat them right now… so delicious!

21. Rachael says:

Found these on Pinterest-had to try them! So in between the loads of cloth diapers & burp rags (very essential at this point), I made these today. They are AMAZING! Very light just as the cookie, but even better with the frosting! And as far as the important things, I was wearing my 6 week old son the entire time. 🙂

22. Maurena says:

Thanks so much for the insight, as well as the delicious recipe. I threw some chocolate chips in the batter, but know they would have been delicious without them.

23. Joy says:

I made these. They were awesome! Thank you so much!

24. Ali says:

Hi do you need to squeeze the juice out of the Zucchini?