coconut-blondies-mountain-mama-cooks

Did you know that too much chocolate is bad for dogs?

Of course you did. Everyone knows that. I just wish my dog knew that. But, did you know that if your dog were to eat, say, an entire 9×13 pan of brownies you could make a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water and, using a turkey baster, shoot said solution down her throat which in turn would make her throw up all the brownies she just downed?

How I wish I could tell you I didn’t know that this works first hand……..

easy-coconut-blondies-mountain-mama-cooks

Up until last week, I so thought my 10 year old chocolate lab had put the “jumping on the counter to steal food days” behind her.

Wrong.

The coconut blondies proved to be more temptation than she could handle. She ate all but 2. As mad as I was that I didn’t get any and I knew she was going to get sick, I couldn’t really blame her. If I came into the kitchen and saw a platter of these coconut blondies, I’d do whatever I had to do to get on the counter and get my paws on them.

I guess my four legged little girl takes after her mama.

coconut-blondies-with-chocolate-chips-mountainmamacooks

These blondies deliver on the coconut promise. Coconut extract and sweetened coconut stirred into the batter as well as sprinkled on top. Because chocolate is never a bad thing (unless you’re a dog), I added a generous handful. In under 30 minutes these bars can be made. Just one reason I love the bar cookie so much. These blondies are extra rich and chewy thanks to all brown sugar.

I never got the chance to try it myself but I bet these would be awesome served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

16 Responses to Coconut Blondies

Coconut blondies are my favorite! Thanks for the reminder, now I want them for breakfast:)

2. Laura says:

Our Puggle has gotten into way more chocolate than he should have in his time. The first time was Christmas Eve while we were at mass – a big bar of rum chocolate. We weren’t sure if he was on a sugar high or drunk. He threw up every 30 minutes on our 5 hour car ride home Christmas Day night. The next time was a 5 lb bag of chocolate chips while we were at an Easter Vigil mass. He ate about 1 lb of them and we didn’t have to try the peroxide … his body had taken care of it while we were gone. Absolutely the worst thing to come home to at 11 pm. Eww.

3. Heather says:

oh dear lord, this sounds like an addiction just waiting to happen!

4. Poor doggie! They do look irresistible though.

5. carrian says:

Oh no!! Your poor dog!!! And, I love your little tid bit about baking at high altitude at the bottom…. in fact I’m pinning this and then tweeting about you. You’re too cool not to share. 😉

6. I am totally trying these!! LOVE

7. Asiya says:

Blondies look divine!!! No wonder your dog couldn’t resist them 🙂

8. heidi says:

Of course the dog ate them, it’s not salsa for heavens sake! Reminds me of the blondes you did for the madge, and a reminder I need to bake them again! Hope Cali is treating you well! XO

9. I’ve been on a coconut thing lately and these do look irresistible. I’m with the dog, I’d like to get my paws on a pan of these!

Oh Yum!! I love blondies but coconut blondies sound even better. On my to make list!

11. jim Jaggard says:

Hi these sound amazing I’m a diabetic not sure how to modify it those ?? cheers Jim