Otherwise known as…..The Best Dressing Ever………

Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette via Mountain Mama Cooks

As many of you know, I’m married to a stuntman. This means a few things. 1) Although he’s in his mid 40’s, he acts like he’s 12. 2) He will forever drive fast and take corners faster just to make me squirm. 3) Being a stunt person has a shelf life. At some point, the young kids take over.

Fresh Lemon Grated Parmesan Vinaigrette, Mountain Mama Cooks

So every so often we discuss what will come about when Pete stops doing stunts. Will he find a second career late in life? Will we trade the pretty sweet lifestyle we have now in for something more reserved so that in 10 years, he can retire early? Or will he let me take over and grow Mountain Mama into the enterprise I just know it can be. (Yep, I dream big.) Mostly likely, it will be some combination of the three.

Which leads me to the Lemon-Parmesan Vinaigrette aka The Best Dressing Ever.

Two Minute Lemon Parmesaon Dressing via Mountain Mama Cooks

Over lunch last week, which was a simple salad dressed with this lemon parmesan vinaigrette, my husband declares (with a full mouth, no less) that I should bottle this dressing and we should call it:
The Best Dressing Ever.
Catchy, I know.
He’s pretty sure it would make us millions.

Lemon-Parmesan Dressing via Mountain Mama Cooks

While I suppose the name needs some work not to to mention the packaging, it’s nice to know he’s always thinking and that he likes my humble answer to a homemade dressing. Until we hit the jackpot with this vinaigrette, I feel pretty safe sharing the recipe with you.

Just don’t go stealing the name now.

If you like this recipe, you might enjoy:
Homemade Ranch Dressing, Joy The Baker
Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette, Mountain Mama Cooks
Lemon-Mustard Vinaigrette, Herbivoracious
Kalamata Olive Vinaigrette, Kalyn’s Kitchen

35 Responses to Lemon-Parmesan Vinaigrette

1. Cassie says:

Beautiful! I did a dill parmesan vinaigrette recently that I am head over heels for. But I now I can’t wait to add lemon. Love this!!

2. Yum! I’ve been needing more vinaigrettes to make. I always default to balsamic.

3. I can’t wait to try this one. I don’t know why I buy bottled dressing.

4. Kalyn says:

I am making this right away! (Probably without the honey, but I like tart so I think that will be ok.)

I love lemon and this vinaigrette looks divine! Just looking at the ingredients I think you’ve got a lovely little product on your hands ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m making this one tonight.

6. Flavia S. says:

Hi Kelley, I made this today and it’s delicious! I love the simplicity of the recipe. Homemade salad dressings are always so much better (and cheaper) than store-bought. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

Oh holy crap. I LOVE dressings like this! I just wanna pour it over myself in slow motion.

8. okay I am making this on this week’s menu

9. Elyse says:

So I found your blog while cruising through some old Blogger Spotlights over at Taste and Tell. Now it’s usually pretty easy to just skim through these things and move on, but one thing you mentioned caught my attention. Taylor Kitch! Because if somebody else appreciates Tim Riggins as much as I do (did?) then it was well worth my time to venture over here and see what else you have going on. On a more food related note, this dressing looks great. I’m not a fan of balsamic so I’m always on the look out for something easy that you can throw together. I’ll have to try this.

10. Cynthia says:

Wow all the ingredients are right in my cabinet, right now! I love this. I just saw another recipe which required me to hunt up about 3 different fresh herbs which I can’t grown in the hot desert and can’t find in this small town I live in. I’m going to give this a try and hopefully start a new trend in the household. I’m glad I found this blog today for a few good reasons.

Awesome… ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Matthew says:

Made this with just regular Olive Oil and all I can taste is Lemon with an undertone or mouth feel of the oil…. Is this something that you experienced when trying this recipe at first… should I go to the light tasting Olive stuff?

Perhaps it was the oil you used. I don’t experience that at all. I use a good quality extra virgin olive oil. You could also try using grapeseed oil too.

12. doodles says:

dang this is good!! THANKS!!

Holy cow! I’ve saved this like for a while because I wanted to make it; why did I wait so long? I make a good Italian dressing that I make in small batches because there’s just two at our house. I might try only half of this for the next batch. This is a wonderful dressing thanks for sharing.

14. doodles says:

have you ever tried marinating chicken breasts with this..I did for about 4-5 hours then popped them of the BBQ. Try it but if you include the honey be careful cause the sugar will burn easily.

15. LisaInCT says:

Made it today. DELICIOUSNESS! Thanks for sharing!

16. Kristin says:

I’m so anxious to try this!! It sounds fabulous. Can you please clarify the type of Parmesan you use? It sounds as though it’s not the standard canned variety. If you grate from a block of cheese how do you get it so fine? Thanks!

17. oliva says:

Green salad, Rucola, Roma-tomatoes and tunafish. I forgot the honey by mistake.
    I took Pecorino (which I had in the fridge) and added garlic, it was so delicious.

This dressing must be perfect to this combination: take some goat cheese in thick slices, wrap aroung a slice of bacon and put it in a pan until the bacon is crispy. Eat hot with liquid honey on top and add the salad.

Greatings from bavaria ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Sara says:

My honey just globbed at the bottom and wouldn’t incorporate… Did I do something wrong? I’ve shaken the hell out of it!

19. Deanne Porsch says:

So gonna make this for dinner. Only will add some minced garlic. Everything taste better with garlic!!! Tanks!!!

20. Bev says:

This dressing needs to be called ” Lemon dreams dressing ” because it sounds like a dressing salads dream about. Going to make it this week.

21. Allison says:

This is amazing!!! Best salad dressing ever indeed. I use it for cold pasta salad when summer veggies (yellow bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini etc). So delish.