I can’t believe the 4th of July is the week after next. Did it sneak up on anyone else besides me? I’ve said it before, but how does the time go so fast? It seems like these long summer days go by pretty darn quick.

Red White & Blue Fruit Tart, Mountain Mama Cooks

Like I’m sure it is for many of you, the 4th is generally an action packed day for us. Between parades, hopping from one bbq to another and fireworks, it’s not unusual for naps to be skipped and everyone is dead tired at the end of the long day. This year though, we don’t have any big plans. In fact, we have no plans. I’m not sure if I feel relieved or like a leper. In true foodie fashion, in the event we do get invited somewhere (hint, hint), I know what I’m bringing to the potluck. I don’t like being unprepared.

Trader Joes Lemon Curd, Mountain Mama Cooks

My favorite store bought lemon curd is from Trader Joes

This dessert is a winner for so many reasons. But let’s just cut right to the important ones. 1) It involves whipped cream. Nuff said. 2) It has a hidden layer of lemon curd. Hello luvah. 3) It is silly simple to prepare. Gotta love that. 4) It’s damn festive if I do say so myself. Obviously. 5) It holds up well. As in you can make it the night before and it will still be awesome when you serve it the next afternoon.

Patriotic Fruit Tart with Whipped Cream & Lemon Curd, Mountain Mama Cooks

This basic fruit tart is so much more than meets the eye. The lemon curd is a hidden gem and it’s subtle tartness is the perfect balance for the rich whipped cream. To get the fruit to look so nice and shiny, I simply heated two tablespoons of strawberry jam and spread it over the fruit with a pastry brush. Nice trick, eh?

Easy Puff Pastry Fruit Tart, Mountain Mama Cooks

This recipe and post is a win/win for you. I’m offering you an easy and tasty dessert for your 4th of July bbq and if you invite me, you don’t even have to make it.

Your welcome.

29 Responses to Red, White & Blue Fruit Tart

Just pinned this! SO beautiful!

2. This looks amazing!!! Ha — I actually also made a strawberry/blueberry/cream cheese fruit tart to post this week. ‘Tis the season for red, white, and blue! Yours looks delicious!

3. That is so pretty and festive, Kelley! And I love the ease of using puff pastry.

4. JulieD says:

Love love this!!! So pretty & simple & genius to use the heated strawberry jam! Do you think I can use half of a sheet for just Curtis & I?

5. marla says:

I am in LOVE with everything about this tart. All those berries, the staying and your photos 🙂

6. A perfect 4th of July dessert. Can’t wait for Trader Joes to open here.

7. Heather says:

oh.my.word.

i want this every day for the rest of my life! so beautiful and all you really had to say to me was lemon curd. SOLD 🙂

8. cassie says:

looks yummy! where did you get those great plates? thanks for sharing!

9. carrian says:

Yup, that still looks amazing. I must have it immediately. In fact, I have everything but the strawberries. Why am I always short one ingredient?!

10. Terri A. says:

Well, now I know what I’m bringing if I get invited anywhere for 4th of July. By the way, I hate to break it to you, but July 4th is next week, not the week after. Where does time go??

What a beautiful dessert, and it looks sinfully delicious! I love the layer of lemon curd too. Kelley this is my kind of dessert. Definitely making this for the fourth! Yum!

12. Rachel Cooks says:

This is so gorgeous and I love that there is lemon curd in it! Can’t wait to try this one!

13. Oh my, Kelley, I can’t tell you how much I want to reach into my screen to try a bite of this! It looks so completely amazing! You’re officially invited to my barbeque (any time, actually!). 😉

14. Annalise says:

I saw this recipe back when you posted it and I’m just now having time to come back and comment. This dessert is right up my alley! Puff pastry, lemon curd, whipped cream, and berries? Sign me up!

15. Colleen says:

When is the coarse sugar used?

16. Jennifer says:

I saw this on a 4th of July roundup and just had to pin it. I hope you’ll share it on my Friday Flash Blog Linky Party going on ALL weekend at The Jenny Evolution.

Jennifer