Cilantro-Orange Barbeque Sauce, MountainMamaCooks

Last week, I actually tried to “plan out” a week of menus. Something I don’t ever do. I’ve always liked the idea of making whatever sounds good opposed to making something I have to make because I bought the groceries. And during the winter, it works for me since I seem to be at the grocery store just about everyday anyway because of my clients. But this time of year, I don’t want to go to the grocery store. I want to play outside with my boys. Too many nights, I’ve been caught with nothing to make for dinner. So last Sunday, I planned 4 dinners for the week. Still giving us the flexibility of going out if we wanted but I knew I had some go to items when the dinner clock struck.

Orange Cilantro Barbeque Sauce, Mountian Mama Cooks

And when I say I planned 4 meals, I mean that in the loosest sense. I bought stuff to do breakfast for dinner one night, I bought a lb of ground beef, a ton of fruit and vegetables and two pork chops. I figured I could come up with something to make 3 nights and hopefully enough leftovers for night four. Funny that I even bought pork chops because I don’t really eat them that often. My husband loves them but since I do the cooking, I don’t buy them much. I don’t dislike them, I’m just sort of indifferent, I guess.

Grilling Pork Chops with Cilantro-Orange BBQ Sauce, Mountain Mama Cooks

With that being said, I was determined to make them spectacular. I usually do a quick pan sear and serve the chops with homemade apple butter. With it being as hot as it has been, I decided to take them out to the grill. I came up with a knock your socks off barbeque sauce. It’s perfectly sweet, tangy from the orange and freshness of the cilantro rounds it out. The best part is this sauce took all of 8 minutes to make.

Orange Cilantro BBQ Sauce, Mountain Mama Cooks

I still don’t know if I love pork chops but I love them more when they are slathered in this sauce. I am already thinking of all the ways I could use this sauce. It’s seriously that good. As far as the menu planning, I’m kind of digging it. So we’ll see, maybe I’m turing a new leaf!

Enjoy!!

If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like:
100 Ways to Cook with BBQ Sauce, by Endliss Simmer
Hoisin Barbeque Sauce, by Smitten Kitchen
East Carolina BBQ Sauce, by Noble Pig
Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce, by Simply Recipes

23 Responses to Cilantro Orange Barbeque Sauce

1. Beautiful, glossy sauce! I’m adding this to my list of to-dos.

I’m kind of the same way. I don’t CRAVE pork chops, but now that I see them all sexy-like on that grill, I’m crushing. Crushing hard.

3. Heather says:

i was JUST confessing my love of cilantro literally 10 minutes ago. this sauce sounds incredible!

4. Rachel Cooks says:

I love this–what a great flavor combo. And I am so glad you put it on pork and not chicken! Chicken makes (pregnant) me want to throw up 99% percent of the time…pork, only 40%! Hooray! ;)

5. What a great combo of flavors in this homemade BBQ sauce! Sounds divine and looks mouthwatering, Kelley!

6. Stephanie says:

I don’t know why, but I thought of using this as a salad dressing..

7. I’m terrible at planning menus and I know it’s something I should do. It’s such a great time and money saver. This sauce looks perfect for summer grilling!

8. Leslie says:

Kelley, this looks so incredible! I just printed the recipe and plan to make it soon.

9. Natalie A. says:

This sauce recipe looks delicious!

I need to be better about planning menus. Lately, all I want for dinner is watermelon:) Great sauce!

11. I seriously need to make this tomorrow night for our chicken BBQ at the beach. This looks amazing and I love fresh cilantro.
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    xox

I do the same Kelley, I don’t always plan because I’m usually at the grocery everyday anyway. This sauce looks divine! My family will love this one as BBQ is one of their favorite meals. :) Yum!!

13. Leslie says:

Okay…just wanted to let you know we made this last night and slathered it on grilled chicken, along with your lemon parmesan vinagrette on a garden fresh green salad and PW’s “Perfect Macaroni Salad” that she recently posted. We thought we had died and gone to heaven! Mitch gushed that it was the best meal I had made in a long time! Winner, Kelley! Thanks for all the inspiration.

14. Rachel says:

Wow! That sounds delicious! I like to plan my meals out at least a week or two ahead. I typically will plan 4 meals like you, which I feel gives me the freedom to be creative whenever it strikes me. I also make pre-made grocery lists with the ingredients I will need for each recipe, so I can just pull which ever one sounds best and go shopping right after work.

Thanks for sharing!

15. I have a slight obsession with lists so I’m a meal planning nut. Although, I will admit that about half the time I end up making the meals on different days than I had planned to or I’ll use most of the ingredients and make something else with them instead.

I’m going to try this sauce on some chicken next week. It sounds perfect for a lazy Summer night!