double-cookies-and-cream-brownies-with-oreo-frosting-mountainmamacooks

You are either going love me or hate me for this one. Maybe both. Don’t be surprised if your taste buds want to buy me flowers and your pants want to kick me in the teeth. Unless of course you’re wearing yoga pants, then it’s all good. Double Oreo brownies and elastic waist pants are a match made in heaven.

oreo-butter-cream-frosting-brownies-mountainmamacooks

Oreo cookies and I have a love-hate kind of relationship. I love to eat them but hate that I can’t stop myself. I generally try not to buy them as there is no going back once I open a package. During a moment of weakness a few weeks back, I crumbled and bought a package. After eating almost an entire row just a few I knew I was in trouble. I was going to have to either throw the rest out or……………bake them in brownies. WHAT?

oreo-brownie-recipe-cookies-and-cream-frosting-mountainmamacooks

You see, my theory was that once I made the brownies, I could keep just one or two for myself and then give the rest away. I can’t very well show up to a neighbors house or give my friend a plate of store bought cookies. BUT if I bake them into brownies I then have a homemade product and who doesn’t love a homemade treat from a friend? And one that involves Americas favorite cookie to boot?

I know, genius.

brownies-with-oreo-frosting

So that’s what I did. I made brownies. With chunks of Oreo cookies. And topped the brownies with buttercream. Buttercream filled with more chunks of Oreo cookies. And then topped it off will the cookie crumbs.

Oh yes…….that’s exactly what I did.

double-oreo-brownie-recipe-mountainmamacooks

And then I gave most of them away.

Other Oreo recipes you might enjoy:

Homemade Oreo Cookies from Smitten Kitchen
Chocolate Oreo Cream Cake from Real Mom Kitchen
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate
Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream from Vanilla Sugar

13 Responses to Oreo Brownies with Oreo Buttercream

1. Annalise says:

Wow, these look incredible!

Oh Kelley you’ve done it now. I must, absolutely must, make these. Thank God for yoga pants! These look fantastic and will be a hit at my house. :)

3. I am going to do everything in my power to forget these sweet daughters of darkness. Yes, I definitely have a love-hate relationship with you right now. :)

4. yum! What is not to like about this! My kids would go nuts

5. Asiya says:

My son absolutely loves Oreos…he would go crazy for this dessert! Looks great!

6. Holy smokes, Kelley. This would be SO dangerous in my house!

I don’t like plain Oreos, but I sure like them in baked goods!

You are good for giving most of them away. I think I’d be sneaking in and saving them all for myself!!

9. Shelley says:

Ummmm…YUM! PS: Your hubby is gorgeous & I want your hair.

10. Jani LeBaron says:

I am so excited that my son, Jordan, tweeted about you! And I’m gonna kill him! Just reading this post added a few inches to my already widening waistline! Loved reading your posts and can’t wait to try your recipes! Thx