easter-confetti-cookies-mountain-mama-cooks-1

This is what results when you let your five year old take the lead when making Easter Cookies. Sugar Cookies with M&M candies and rainbow sprinkles. A kids dream and I if I do say so myself, pretty darn good!

m&m-easter-sugar-cookie-recipe-mountain-mama-cooks

Making cookies in muffin top pans is nothing new. You can thank Jenny from Picky Palate and Avery from Love Veggies and Yoga for that. Every time I see one of their “deep dish” creations I mentally put one of the specialty pans on my want list and then quickly forget about it. But last week I walked past a display of whoopie pie pans (same thing, I think) and just had to pick one up. One afternoon, two different recipes and a belly ache later, I’m sold. These pans are worth the $12.

sugar-cookies-with-m&m-candy-and-sprinkles-3

The cookie results are thick and chewy, just how I like ’em!

This is a basic sugar cookie dough that I added a little almond extract for extra flavor. We simply pressed some easter m&m candies on top and finished them with our favorite rainbow sugar from King Arthur Flour.

Easy peasy.

12 Responses to Easter Confetti Cookies

Love my muffin top pan for cookies! Cute!

2. kate says:

I never thought of doing this until this post. Now I have an added excuse for another pan!

3. Monet says:

What a great idea! These look delicious, and I love the unusual way of baking them. Brilliant!

So darn cute! I just showed these to my daughter and she’s decided we need these for Easter. But she wants to bake them after school tomorrow. Lol! PreEaster celebration I suppose. 🙂 thanks Kelley!

5. so cute! I will try these for the kids

6. Kelly Senyei says:

Oh my goodness! These are so adorable and you can just tell from your stunning photos that they are so moist and chewy! Thanks for the inspiration for my baking binge this weekend 🙂

7. These look perfectly dense and pastel-y for Easter 🙂 Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

8. Wendy says:

I LOVE these cookies tops! They are totally “girl” cookies, but I know my husband will snag a great many of them. They are like some kind of fairy art work…and you get to eat them too!

9. Anne says:

Just went to make these and there is an error at the start. 3/4 cup of butter, or 3/4 stick of butter? 6 tablespoons is 3/4 of a stick of butter.

Thanks for the clarification!