These fun St. Patrick’s Day cookies have a secret ingredient: magical leprechaun dust. Hand delivered by a little green leprechaun. Or so my four year old thinks…
My Mom taught kindergarten and preschool over 20 years so whenever I need a fun holiday themed snack to do with my kids, she’s the first person I go to. She suggested having the leprechaun deliver some lucky dust (pistachio pudding mix) that my four year old could mix with milk and turn into pudding. While cute, I wasn’t so keen on feeding my kid boxed pudding mix. Would he even eat it? I put my ideals aside and decided to find out.
These turned out so cute. Even I fell to the temptation of these perfectly green cookies. I just couldn’t resist the sweet almond flavor. Chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside- what every cookie should be! My kid loved them. We had a blast making them and the experience alone was worth way more than my hang up over using a boxed pudding mix!
Here’s to an extra lucky St. Patrick’s Day!
These fun St. Patricks Days cookies have a secret ingredient- magic leprechaun dust (pistachio pudding mix)! So much fun to make with young kids but adults will too appreciate the yummy almond flavor!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 oz water
- 1 egg
- 2- 3.4 oz packages pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- green decorating sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vegetable oil in a bowl till combined.
- Add water and egg, beating until smooth.
- Add pudding mix, almond extract, salt and baking powder, beating until smooth; stir in flour.
- Scoop dough by the teaspoon, rolling in the palm of your hands to form smooth balls; place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a glass, dip in green decorating sugar and slightly press down on tops of cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove warm cookies from baking sheet and let cool completely on cooling rack.