Move over Paradise Bakery. There is a new chocolate chipper in town. These smack you in the face chocolate cookies are somewhat reminiscent of the famous Paradise Bakery chocolate chip cookie.
Yep, I said it. These are better. I know they’re better because every time I’m near a Paradise Bakery, I stop to get one. Or three. I’m not one to pass up chocolate. Or drive out of my way to get it. It’s simply not in my nature. You can blame my Mom.
And since driving 30 miles for a chocolate chip cookie seems a bit extreme, I decided to try and recreate the cookies at home. These are pretty close to the real deal. The original has white chocolate chips only but I decided to get all crazy and add milk chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Feel free to follow your heart on this one. However you decide to make them, you’re in for a treat. And you only have to walk to the kitchen to get your fix.
A high altitude developed recipe for the infamous Paradise Bakeries chocolate chipper cookies. If I do say so myself, these are better than the real deal. A chocolate lovers dream, make sure to have a gold glass of milk on hand. There small you can eat as many as you like!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Add salt and vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually add flour/cocoa mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if using.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared (either greased or parchment lined) cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until fluffy but still soft.
- Remove cookies from tray and place on cooling rack to cool completely.