I read a lot of food blogs.
And I mean A LOT.
I consider it my homework. As a new blogger, I have so much to learn and so much room to grow. So I read………..and read, and read some more. The best part of this homework is that is doesn’t feel like work at all. I never tire of reading about food and I get inspired in my own kitchen from seeing what others are cooking in theirs.
And right now, I’m inspired by soup.
Yes, I know it sounds silly but it’s true. And let me tell you why:
- Soup is a complete meal in a bowl.
- It’s easy to make just enough for two or enough to feed an army.
- Soup tastes better the next day. And even better the day after that.
- It’s the ultimate comfort food.
- You can pretty much turn any left over into soup. (Just ask the restaurant where I used to work!)
Here are a few links to some delicious looking soup recipes that are on my “to make” list as well as my favorite here on Mountain Mama Cooks.
- Simple Southwestern Tortilla Soup by Ingredients Inc.
- Lentil Soup with Spinach & Sweet Potatoes by Two Peas and Their Pod.
- Beef Burgandy by Baked Bree.
- Chicken and Dumplings by The Pioneer Woman.
- French Onion Soup by A Bountiful Kitchen.
- Shrimp Bisque by Cookin’ Canuck.
- Tortellini and Kale Soup by Mountain Mama Cooks.
Hope you find some inspiration for YOUR kitchen.